Ideas for things that the question description box should do:
- Explain subject matter and how it can benefit
- Explain what fits the question and what doesn’t
- Explain what are the base assumptions
- Explain what criteria should be taken into consideration when picking the best option
- Have links to other questions
- Have a misc free-form section for unforeseen usecases
Theo suggested having multiple forms each with their own clearly defined purpose that are then compiled into the description box.
P.S. Also if there is to be a title for the box, I still vote “How to make an informed decision:” as it describes the intent of the site, catches the eye and describes the section.