Migrating to slant.desk.com

We’re migrating all content from meta to slant.desk.com and closing down meta.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Does that mean no more meta conversations?

Actually, no. The plan is to move product conversations to Discord. So there will still be meta conversations, just in a more immediate form.

Discord will be the central place for all kinds of Slant-related talks - it’s where we’ll discuss designs, plans, communities, it’s where you’ll be able to reach mods or just generally hang out. (:

Not that I agree with the majority of what he stands for, I must admit that he got this right:

Discord is not Slack, but the resemblance makes the points made in that conversation identical to what I’d have written.

Here’s why the move to Discord:

We’ll soon start to bring in community moderators and we want a more immediate line of communication with them. And we really want to avoid splitting community talks between Discourse and Discord at this point.

I agree that a forum has certain benefits over chat (and we may bring Discourse back at a later time), but we would be trading those benefits against splitting the community across multiple platforms.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.